Friday, December 25, 2009

I Wish It Was Christmas Today...

...and it totally is! Crazy.

And here is also the final installment of Awesome Things from 2009.

5. La Roux

Remember yesterday when I said I'm a sucker for pop music? Yeah.
I particularly love when this song veers off into Thriller territory.


4. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz

I think this was the first album I heard early this year that was always going to make it onto my Top-whatever list. With the Dave Sitek production, I like to believe it exists as this sort of secret companion album to last year's Dear Science from TV on the Radio. No real reason, that's just the world I live in. And it's a cool place, so stop by for a visit on your way to the Source Wall.


3. The Horrors - Primary Colours
Will 2009 be remembered as the year shoegaze made a comeback? I didn't want to believe this album was as good as the hype machine coughNMEcough made it sound. But it really is.


2. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
This album makes me happy. In ways I'm still trying to define. It was also ridiculously awesome to be put onto a band by my brother's housemate, while hanging out in their north London flat. Best way to deal with a recent redundancy? Spend said pay-out on a trip across the world to the UK and discover cool people and rad music. And see Blur reunite at Hyde Park as well. Anyhow. Yay for Pains of Being Pure at Heart.


1. Metric - Fantasies
I love you, Emily Haines. Thanks for many an excellent album too.

No comments: